To summarise, in plain English:
1. By hiring anything from us, you are indicating that you accept and agree to our Terms & Conditions.
2. The hirer is responsible for looking after our equipment and for ensuring its safe return to us at the end of the hire. We do not provide any "insurance".
3. If any hired equipment is lost, stolen or damaged whilst on hire, then the hirer must pay us for the replacement cost of the lost or damaged equipment, no matter who they may think is "to blame" for the equipment being lost, stolen or damaged.
4. The hirer's responsibility includes any return courier arranged and paid for by the hirer.
For example, if the hirer uses a cheap, uninsured and untrackable delivery service to return £1000 of hired equipment, and the parcel disappears en route, the hirer is responsible for re-imbursing us for the lost equipment. They cannot simply say "but I gave it to ABC Parcels, so it is not our responsibility".
We recommend using a well-known and reputable delivery service, and taking out insurance.
5. It is the hirer's responsibility to notify us upon receipt of their hired equipment if anything is missing, or if it appears damaged or is not working.
This should be done as soon as the hirer receives and unpacks the equipment, to ensure that we know that the loss or damage was not caused by the hirer.
We send a printed check list with our hired equipment, which the hirer should compare with what they have actually got, on receipt of the equipment. This list also provides a handy check list when packing up the equipment to make sure nothing is forgotten. It must be returned with the equipment so that we know who the package has come from.
6. Our maximum liability to you is what you paid to us for the equipment hire.
If for any reason the hired equipment does not perform to the hirer's satisfaction, then we may choose to refund the hire cost to the hirer, but we cannot be held responsible for any other costs that the hirer may incur.
7. If the hirer fails to return the hired equipment by the agreed date, the hirer agrees to pay for the ongoing hire costs until the equipment is returned. This may be taken using any payment card details supplied to pay for the initial hire.
We won't be unreasonable over slightly late returns, but if a week's hire ends up being two weeks, then we will charge you for the extra hire period.
8. We reserve the right to request suitable ID before hiring out any radio equipment.
Access to and use of the website of Amherst Walkie Talkie Centre is provided to you subject to the following terms and conditions:
Any material found within the pages of the website of Amherst Walkie Talkie Centre, including text or images, may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way. You will not edit, adapt, alter or create any derivative work from any of the material contained in this website.
You agree to use this website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, this website by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct that is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content, or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this website.
In no event will Amherst Walkie Talkie Centre be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the website of Amherst Walkie Talkie Centre.
Amherst Walkie Talkie Centre does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials.
If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
By entering this website you are accepting these Terms and Conditions. If for any reason you cannot accept these Terms and Conditions in full then you must leave the website of Amherst Walkie Talkie Centre immediately.
We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, or update the terms and conditions.